About this course
This course presents an overview of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including Hepatitis C, HIV, diseases characterized by genital, anal, and perianal ulcers, and syphilis. The guidelines presented in this report are intended to assist healthcare providers as they provide individuals with STD treatment, prevention strategies, and diagnostic recommendations.
1. Summarize CDC guidelines to assist healthcare providers in preventing and treating STDs, including the five major prevention and care strategies.
2. Describe practices to assess STD behavioral and biologic risk, while also obtaining sexual histories and addressing risk reduction.
3. Discuss specific prevention methods for individuals and their partners.
4. Review pertinent issues as well as unique needs facing those with HIV infection, and discuss detection, counseling, treatment, and referral.
5. Describe the prevalence, diagnosis, treatment, and management considerations of diseases characterized by genital, anal, or perianal ulcers.
6. Identify the stages, diagnostic approaches, therapeutic recommendations, and special care needs for individuals with syphilis.
Author(s): Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Course Content :