About this course
This two-part course teaches readers how to improve cultural competence during evaluation and treatment planning processes, and describes core competencies for mental health providers and how to develop them.
1. Identify at least one culturally appropriate screening/assessment tool.
2. Discuss how to assess readiness and motivation for change.
3. Describe how to incorporate cultural factors into treatment planning.
4. List the main core cultural competencies for mental health providers.
5. Describe how to self-assess for individual cultural competence.
Instructor(s): Jennifer Sweeton, Psy.D, MS, MA
Material Author(s): SAMHSA
For additional information about this course, the instructors, or the material authors, please contact Content Assistance at [email protected].
Course Content :